Visit our candy factory, where you’ll see how we make our delicious chocolates, handmade the same way for generations, and learn how we hand source our coffees from around the world.
Established in the early 1900’s and in its 4th generation of family ownership, Winans Chocolates + Coffees brings you cutting edge flavors and time-tested quality. Winans owners, Joe and Laurie, travel the world in search of consciously traded coffees and cacaos. Our products reflect our commitment to quality and sustainability across the globe and right here at home where we focus on purchasing local at every opportunity. We proudly present a world of flavor right here at home. You’ll never go back to ordinary.
Schedule a group tour by calling us at 937-773-1981 or emailing email@example.com.
We require at least two weeks advance registration.
- See the Winans Factory in action as we prepare your favorite candies! Every day will be something different; from copper kettle caramels, buckeyes and brittles to caramel apples.
- Dates: Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 3:30pm
- Reservations not required.
Behind the Scenes Tour
- Immerse yourself in the world of Winans chocolate. You will learn a little Winans Family history, see how we make our delicious candies, and sample a few sweet treats fresh off the line.
- Dates: Weekly, on Thursdays at 1:00pm, ~45 minutes
- Advance reservations requested. Other dates available by request for groups of 12+
Behind the Scenes Deluxe
- Enjoy all the features of our Behind the Scenes Tour, plus a sampling of our coffee. You will learn how chocolate and coffee are grown and processed as well as receive a four piece chocolate gift box to take home.
- Advance reservations required. Available by request for groups of 12+ on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
PLANNING YOUR VISIT
Winans production facility is cold year round at 66-68°F. We recommend dressing in layers or bringing a jacket with you. We also recommend wearing comfortable shoes for the tour. Stiletto heels, open toed shoes, and fur is not allowed inside the facility. Winans is a fragrance-free facility, so please refrain from wearing perfume or cologne. All tour participants will be required to wear a hairnet during their visit, as part of our license as a food production facility by the FDA and Ohio Department of Health. Our tour is ADA compliant, and our public restrooms are handicap accessible.
Winans Chocolates + Coffees production facility is not an allergen-free facility. Common allergens used in the candy kitchen include but are not limited to chocolate, dairy, peanuts, soy, strawberries, tree nuts (pecans, almonds, cashews) and wheat gluten. Every effort is made to prevent cross contamination between products by thoroughly cleaning the enrober and other production equipment between batches. Dishes, cooking equipment, and the facilities are cleaned daily, but there is still a risk of cross-contamination.
The Winans candy kitchen is typically in operation Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm. There is no guarantee that the factory will be running at any given time, or which machines will be operative on any given tour. Due to fluctuations in our production schedule and seasonal variability, the factory often runs outside of these times.
Please be aware that by entering Winans production facility, you consent to your voice, name and/or likeness being used, without compensation, in photos, films, and tapes for use in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, for eternity, and you release Winans Chocolates + Coffees, its successors, assigns and licensees from any liability whatsoever of any nature. Winans Chocolates + Coffees accept no responsibility for any loss or damage to property or any injury, loss or damage to any person, however, caused.
Tour guests can take pictures in the Winans Hometown store and are encouraged to take as many pictures as they want before and after their tour experience. We encourage our guests to share their photos online using any of the following hashtags:
#WinansExperience #TouringWinans #SweetSelfie #ChocolateTour #WinansChocolate #WinansCoffee
Share these regulations with members of your party so everyone comes prepared!
WINANS CHOCOLATES + COFFEES
310 Spring Street ⋅ Piqua, Ohio 45356 ⋅ Phone (937) 773-1981