Dark chocolate, like Winans Mesocacao chocolate, is a healthy indulgence you can include in your New Year’s Resolutions to be healthier in 2016.
Mesocacao is a single origin (bean to bar) chocolate line that Winans uses to make delicious chocolate bars. Our very own Joe Reiser has visited the cacao farms in Honduras and Nicaragua to help with the process of transforming raw cacao into chocolate.
Cacao has many health benefits and the best way to get a high dose of cacao is to try our Mesocacao chocolates. These lovely chocolate bars, molded with an intricate, geometric cocoa pod design, have the highest cacao content of all the chocolate Winans offers. Mesocacao bars are a great way to experience chocolate in its purest form. Joe Reiser, Winans owner, has a personal relationship with the cacao farmers and helped produce the first batch of this unique chocolate in Honduras. Nothing extra like preservatives, lecithin or additional sweeteners are added to the chocolate before they reach your palette.
The taste of the Mesocacao chocolate is fantastic with a wonderful texture and consistency. The Honduran chocolate is fruity with notes of dates and cranberries while the Nicaraguan chocolate has more of a nutty taste, reminiscent of a French roast.
In case you need more encouragement, these are just some of the benefits of cacao:
- Improves weight loss: cacao can help stabilize your blood sugar, increase metabolism, control your appetite and reduce cravings.
- Improves mood: cacao increase the amount of time anandamide, nicknamed “the bliss molecule” stays in the body. Dark chocolate also decreases the production of stress hormones in the body.
- Contains antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Cacao is rich in zinc and copper, both key minerals for our immune system, as well as including flavonoids, which help prevent LDL cholesterol (the “bad” cholesterol) from building up in the arteries.
- Improves cardiac response: cacao has theobromine and theophylline which increase the efficiency of heart muscle, can reduce blood pressure, and has both anti-inflammatory and anti-asthmatic compounds.
- Improves brain function: cacao contains the antioxidants known as flavonols, which increase blood flow to the brain. Cacao also has high levels of sulfur and magnesium, which help us remain focused and alert.
Learn more about Winans Mesocacao line of chocolates by reading 5 Reasons Why You Should Get Your Hands on Our New Mesocacao Chocolate Line!
Wishing you a safe and healthy, happy new year with Winans Chocolates & Coffees!
The information presented in this blog is offered for educational and informational purposes only, and should not be construed as personal medical advice. This information is not medical advice and should not be treated as such.